Mar 10, 2015

Comics in the Classroom

I absolutely, positively love this website.  It is called chogger.com and it allows you and/or your students to create online comics. Simply click on Build A Comic Now (see below) and you are ready to create a masterpiece:


You might be wondering why I am sharing a comic creation tool.  Well, the reason is that there are so many different uses for comics in the classroom.  I will tell you two ways that I have recently used comics in the classroom but first, here is a great list that I came across from the Educational Technology and Mobile Learning blog:
  • Create autobiographical comics
  • Practice vocabulary words
  • Practice a foreign language (Hebrew or Spanish)
  • Engage in creative writing
  • Create alternative endings
  • Demonstrate how to solve a word problem
  • And so much more if you click on the blog link above!
Recently, I've had my students create comics that demonstrate the do's and don'ts of digital citizenship.  I've also used chogger.com to create an opening slide for an upcoming presentation (see below). Chogger.com is a tool that encourages students to think creatively, explore empathy, express themselves, and practice reading skills.  I highly recommend giving it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment