Feb 24, 2015

Create a Math Prodigy!


Today's Tech Tip was discovered on Free Technology For Teachers.  It's a good one!  It is called Prodigy and I have a feeling that the name is very appropriate.  It gamifies math in such a way that your child will not want to stop doing math.  It is hard to believe but I am finding it to be true.  Prodigy  is a FREE online game in which students can create their own avatar and are given challenges to save the good guy by attacking the bad guys through math problems.  The user interface really is very appealing and is quite addictive.  This would make a fabulous center activity within your classroom or serve as a great resource for extra practice at home.  

A couple of Prodigy tips for our particular school community: I selected Texas as our curriculum because well, I am from Texas. However, the other options to choose from for the U.S. are Common Core or Florida.  I went with Texas.  Second, I had to select a grade above my child's grade level to find the skills that I need for my child to practice to be in line with her grade level.  I also created a teacher log in (but parents can create a log in too) and assigned my child "assignments" that target specific skills.  I love this resource and I think you will too!  Explore it at ProdigyGame.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment