Oct 7, 2014

MathChat

Like you, I feel over-saturated with the influx of so many tech tools.  In fact, so much so that I've been thinking I will start sharing "old" tech tools but include the smart ways that you all are using them.  I have a few ideas about this but more on that later.  

For now, I'm going to share a new app that I do think is worth knowing about because it is really very different.  The app is called MathChat.  As a parent who often does not know how to help with her child's math homework (yes, I did just admit that on the Internet), this app appeals to me.  

MathChat allows students to collaborate on solving a math problem using a "special" math keyboard. Each step of solving the math problem can be reviewed and guidance can be given along the way.  Teachers can set up a class so that students can enter a code and collaborate among classmates.  I love that this can be done at home or at school.  What a fun, collaborative center activity!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment