Sep 2, 2014

Remind Me!

I came across this great article over the weekend that caught my attention.  I was intrigued by the way that this one app has transformed parent/teacher communication (as well as parent/student communication among older students).  It is called Remind (formerly known as Remind101).  We chatted a bit about this app last year among Middle School faculty, especially when it came to communicating with parents about sporting events.  However, reading more about the app made me think that it may have value in the Lower School community as well, as it so evidently does at the schools mentioned in this article. "It offers a free, simple way to instantly text parents...", as stated in the app store.   I often hear teachers question whether or not all parents are reading the class newsletters to stay informed.  More than likely, however, texts are being read as it is hard to miss them each time you pick up your phone.  Technology allows us to reach an audience in a way that is best for them.  This app might be the way that is best for your audience.  


I started thinking about all the different ways that this app could be of benefit to me.  One way is to create a "media team class" so that I can send reminders throughout the media team.  I decided to give it a try and remind everyone of a webinar that we have tomorrow that was scheduled quite some time ago.  It worked like a charm!  You'll have to remind yourself to give this app a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment